Easy Age Verify can be previewed privately or publicly on your website. It is best to use Testing Mode for initial setup of the plugin. Keep in mind that switching to Testing Mode after age verification is setup and running means it will stop showing to visitors.
How Preview Works
The plugin was built to provide live preview with options to view it privately or publicly.
How to preview using Testing Mode
- Enable Testing Mode to view the verification window while hidden from visitors during setup.
- Edit and save the settings.
- Visit your site while logged in as admin.
Refresh your browser to view changes. The session cookie is disabled in Testing Mode which means the verification window will show over again after closing it. Refresh the browser to see it again.
The plugin automatically clears page cache sitewide when settings are saved. This feature works on most sites. When automatic cache clearing is working you will see a confirmation message. If you do not see a confirmation message, and display changes did not take effect after clearing the browser, clear page cache manually each time settings are saved.
Previewing in Public Modes
In the case that you do not want to interrupt an existing age verification from showing to visitors (previously set up and running), changes are viewed live.
- If “show to all visitors” is enabled, visit your website to view verification like a visitor whether you are logged in or out.
- If “show except to logged-in users” is enabled, log out or open a private/incognito window to view verification.
If you’ve verified (clicked the "yes" button) while viewing it in public modes a session cookie may prevent it from displaying to you again. You can remedy this by switching to Testing Mode or clearing your browser cookie. Visit Settings to check for and clear your browser cookie. Refresh your browser to view verification again.